Updated November 21, 2016
I have a hard time working with silence. That doesn’t mean I can’t. There is just something about music or podcasts or cafe noises that can keep me going. But there is time and place for various types of listening. For instance, I can’t listen to podcasts when I’m Creating. Or songs that I tend to sing along with. I’m motivated to work, but the focus is lacking which means the results are lacking. But if I’m doing chores or maintaining things, a podcast is perfect.
So I wanted to create tools for working.
Music For Creating
- Playlist with instrumentals only
- All types of music: indie, rock, hip hop, etc.
- Provide motivation and focus
- Reduce the amount of time needed to select music or change music while Creating
Music For Maintaining/Consuming
- Interesting topics from which to learn
- Story telling
- This American Life
- CreativeMornings Podcasts
- The BadChristian Podcast
- Freakonomics Radio
- How I Built This
- The Liturgists Podcast
- Mystery Show
- Reply All
- Revisionist History
- StartUp Podcast
- Ten Minute Podcast
- The Way I heard It with Mike Rowe